I love homemade granola bars and have a go to recipe for when I’m craving a batch. But sometimes I don’t feel like going through the trouble of baking. When I’m not up to baking I make these Cranberry Chocolate Protein Bites.
These babies are so delicious that you’ll forget you’re eating a healthy snack. They’re so good that even my teenager demolishes them, and he prefers the junkiest of junk. Best of all, there’s no baking involved. You can double or triple this Cranberry Chocolate Protein Bites Recipe, and freeze what you’re not going to eat in a week. You’ll be glad that you have a reserve as they go quick.
I like to keep them in a glass mason jar in the fridge so that they’re easily visible. This can be dangerous though as you’ll want to eat one every time you open the door lol. I also like to pack them up with my lunch. Especially when I’m having a salad since they don’t keep me full for long.
Oh, and there’s no need to follow this recipe down to a T. You can adjust for preference and add whatever add ins you like- raisins, pepitas, almonds, peanut butter. The options are endless. This recipe makes about 2 dozen bites depending on the size. We usually eat about 3 protein bites per serving. So you’ll get about 8 servings. Here’s the recipe.
Cranberry Chocolate Protein Bites
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oats, flaxseed meal, cranberries and chocolate chips. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the almond butter and maple syrup to the bowl, then mix well until everything is coated evenly.
- Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, scoop out even chunks and use your hands to form into even sized balls. Try not to make them too large as they'll be more likely to fall apart.
- Place the balls on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or foil, and place in the freezer for 20 minutes to set.
- Remove from the freezer and put your protein bites in an airtight container. I use wide mouth, glass mason jars. Store the protein bites in the freezer for up to a month, or in the fridge for up to a week.